After my Mystery Date from Tawkify, I took it easy for a little bit with the Tawkify stuff… I can’t let everyone in my area get to see just how awesome I am, you know.
But – Last weekend I had my 4th (not 100% positive on this number..) Tawkify Phone Date. I was told by the matchmaker that I just had to accept this tawk, because this match was really cute. I can handle cute..
I have often blogged about my Tawkify experiences, so you should know that only one of my phone dates really seemed to have any sort of potential, and it didn’t work out. I still get a little worried that I might actually know the other person on the end of the line, but I still vouch that these are very fun, and I highly recommend it.
Phone Date #4 was fun.. I don’t know that anything will come of it.. I still have yet to ever meet one of my phone dates in person – so I am really hoping that will change in the near future.
But – since I should have convinced you to give Tawkify a try by now, I figured I’d share some tips on how to have a fun phone call:
1) Get the awkward out of the way- note that it’s really weird that complete strangers have matched you up over the phone. You are both in that same position, and it helps you bond.
2) (I have to do this, you may skip if you desire..) Establish that you don’t know the person in real life. I explain how I once was matched with someone I knew in real life.. and actually trying to determine if you know one another is a fun little game, and at very least gives you some clues for social networking stalking later.
3) Don’t have a list of questions. It’s not a job interview – you are making a new friend. (And for crying out loud – DON’T ask “What do you like to do for fun?” I freaking hate this question.. Have someone ask you that sometime and realize how awkward it is to answer.)
4) Tawkify gives you a few details about the person on the phone.. Use this as a conversation starter. Remember when I rant that no one reads online dating profiles? They send you 3 sentences.. READ THEM!
5) Smile. People can tell if you are smiling, and no one wants to be on the phone with a grouchy pants.
6) If it gets uncomfortably silent, you can always ask what their Klout score is (since Tawkify matches on Klout score..) and what Klout thinks they are influential in. (If you don’t know your Klout score.. look it up.. at least for me – it has me influential in things I am totally not influential about..)
Seriously though – fastest 10 minutes ever, I promise.
Who all has signed up already.. I want to hear how it’s going!!