A Lesson in Complimenting Girls

4 Jun

For those of you who don’t follow me on Twitter….  Why don’t you follow me on Twitter?!  Get on that: @Soon2BeCatLady

Okay – oops.. For those of you who don’t follow me on Twitter – you missed my live tweeting of a conversation I was having on OKCupid.     May this be a lesson to all of you in how NOT to “compliment” girls:

“Hello!  Are you replacing your siding in june or procrastinating that?”    (For the record:  my page lists that I am replacing the siding on my house..  Basically,  I am looking for all the free assistance I can.)

“Weather permitting next weekend.”

“great!  Are the pictures that you posted old ones?”

“Why would you ask something like that?”

“hard to believe that you are [your age] from those pictures.  and i dont think you have a used up body

“Well, thank you.  I moreso put that to be funny.”

“oh, i didn’t get the humor then”

“Apparently listing “curvy” means overweight”

“you look chubby not overweight to me”

Okay – hold the phone for a minute.   WHAT!?   Duuuuude.. I am actually talking to you.   This is probably a rare moment for you..  Why would you say something like that.   Guys:  Even if it were true.. being called “chubby” is not a compliment, unless you are 6 months old.

“Wow. That is not a compliment.”

“being honest”   (After having a chance to cool down a bit – I am sure he does think I am chubby.. because according to his pictures, he is a toothpick.   Just about every girl on the planet is probably chubby to him.  Also – he has only been in the United States for a year, and he does come from a country that downgrades women..)

“May I ask about your job?”

“No.”

“May ask about your hobbies?”

“No.”

“may i shut up and close the chat?”

“Yes.”

“anyway by chubby i meant it in a positive way not otherwise, sorry if hurt your feelings”

“chubby 563 up, 314 down girl: not fat or skinny, most likely to be toned but with just some extra curves, can most times be cute.”

“urban dictionary meaning of chubby”

Okay – did he really urban dictionary “chubby” to attempt to back pedal!?

“Good luck with your life! bye”

6 Responses to “A Lesson in Complimenting Girls”

1. nicofdarcyshire June 4, 2012 at 1:43 am #

“The bigger the cushion,
    The sweeter the pushin’…”

2. nickijay June 4, 2012 at 2:35 am #

I was on OKCupid for 72 hours and now I have a stalker. The first thing he mentioned was the fact that he just loooooved the fact that i was “a biggggg and juicy wooooman!” He was trying to compliment me. He just creeped me out.

• kellig June 4, 2012 at 2:49 am #

LOL!! i have gotten this before (without all the o’s and g’s, unfortunately, which might have mad me chuckle) and It IS creepy. especially when they look at you like they are mentally fitting you out for the shiny bracelets bolted to the wall. ugh.

• nickijay June 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

LMFAO! Very “Silence of the Lambs.” I think my stalker wants to wear my fat as a skin jumpsuit!
        I am following you Kelli (your blog-not as my stalker does….lol)

3. kellig June 4, 2012 at 2:50 am #

I do like the question “may I shut up…”. It does show he has a sense of humor at least.

4. livinginfairyland June 5, 2012 at 2:50 am #

Of course he may really like chubby – if he’s from some place other than the US. My personal favourite was ‘you must have been lovely when you were younger’.